Whats so difficult about ISSU

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Nov 10 23:50:31 UTC 2012

> NANOG56? I only found RPKI Propagation by you. Direct URL would be
> appreciated.

apologies.  i slid a second preso into my time allotment, and i
thought the archive maintainer was going to catenate them.  here is
the second preso, some measurements of the tcp behavior of bgp.

   http://archive.psg.com/121022.nanog-bgp-tcp.pdf

> But I really have 0 doubt that IOSd is run-to-completion

nor i.  but, as i said but did not write in my preso, consider the
following:

linux has become a fad in the vendor community.  it seems to lend
legitimacy to their products in some way, witness this discussion.
but linux has the gpl poison.  so, any code that they wish to keep
proprietary is in userland.

randy