Whats so difficult about ISSU

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Nov 10 08:43:38 UTC 2012

On (2012-11-09 20:24 -0500), Pete Lumbis wrote:

> > So each IOSd process 'show proc cpu' are separate threads to linux?

> Yep. The "show platform software..." commands are used to look at things in

To be honest I'm very sceptical about this. I fully accept that IOSd is
multithreaded. But I'm having difficulties accepting that each IOSd process
would be own thread scheduled by Linux and that native/IOS
run-to-completion scheduler isn't used at all.

But we're out of scope for ISSU thread in nanog-ml, I think. I do
appreciate always when vendors pitch in in public forums, so thank you for
that Pete.

--
  ++ytti