Whats so difficult about ISSU

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Nov 9 13:27:23 UTC 2012

On (2012-11-09 08:02 -0500), Pete Lumbis wrote:

> I can't speak for JunOS, but none of the "new" IOS operating systems
> are run to completion. This includes IOS-XE, XR and NX-OS.

Really? I thought IOS XE is Linux control-plane on top of where you have
monolithic IOSd process?
I had chat with Michael Beesley when ASR1k was coming up, and he said Cisco
has plans to remove processes from IOS and directly on top of Linux in XE,
starting with BGP. But I don't think that has materialized?

To me JunOS and IOS XE look very much same, NIX control-plane and magic
process with has its own memory management and cooperative
multitasking/scheduling?

--
  ++ytti