Whats so difficult about ISSU

Phil bedard.phil at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:12:12 UTC 2012

Heh you will find vendors avoid using the term hitless.  I can't think of any router which supports ISSU that is truly hitless.  The ASR9K ISSU states it will sustain less than 6 seconds of loss...

ISSU is still rife with caveats and incompatibilities as well if you are doing more advanced things.

Phil