Indonesian ISP Moratel announces Google's prefixes

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Nov 7 05:26:59 UTC 2012

On Nov 07, 2012, at 00:21 , Jian Gu <guxiaojian at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know what Google and Moratel's peering agreement, but "leak"?
> educate me, Google is announcing /24 for all of their 4 NS prefix and
> 8.8.8.0/24 for their public DNS server, how did Moratel leak those routes
> to Internet?

Downthread, someone said what is typical with peering prefixes, i.e. announce to customers, not to peers or upstreams.  How do you think peering works?

However, I place most of the blame on PCCW for crappy filtering of their customers.  And I'm a little surprised to see nLayer in the path.  Shame on them!  (Does that have any effect any more? :)

Oh, and we are still waiting for an answer: Which attribute do you think Google could have used to stop this?

--
TTFN,
patrick