Indonesian ISP Moratel announces Google's prefixes

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Nov 7 05:13:52 UTC 2012

On Nov 07, 2012, at 00:07 , Jian Gu <guxiaojian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where did you get the idea that a Moratel customer announced a google-owned
> prefix to Moratel and Moratel did not have the proper filters in place?
> according to the blog, all google's 4 authoritative DNS server networks and
> 8.8.8.0/24 were wrongly routed to Moratel, what's the possiblity for a
> Moratel customers announce all those prefixes?

Ah, right, they just leaked Google's prefix.  I thought a customer originated the prefix.

Original question still stands.  Which attribute do you expect Google to set to stop this?

Hint: Don't say No-Advertise, unless you want peers to only talk to the adjacent AS, not their customers or their customers' customers, etc.

Looking forward to your answer.

--
TTFN,
patrick