Dark fiber usage info request - know-how pointers and experience sharing

Stefan netfortius at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:31:24 UTC 2012

Looking at dark fiber leasing as an alternative for existing ISP-acquired
MPLS, MetroE, P2P, etc. services. I would appreciate some pointers (links)
into specific technologies used with dark fiber, as direct consumer (not
ISP). I am not looking for the theory behind (C)DWDM, but rather real life
implementations and experience with folks operating such.

Highly appreciated would also be extra info on what the learning curve
required for traditional network engineering crew to operate devices
terminating into such, and maybe even work (installation and operation)
needed to maintain plants with this infrastructure.

TIA,
***Stefan