Vixie warns: DNS Changer ‘blackouts’ inevitable

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu May 31 16:44:00 UTC 2012

On 31/05/2012 17:11, cncr04s/Randy wrote:
> My comment was directed at government spending... no need to have such
> a angry tone about the "comment". I was only comparing to what I spend
> on my large volumes of queries and what this so called expensive stuff
> the government is running...     And I have never developed a bad ram
> card, even if I did, replacements are easy as i'm talking about
> distributed vps in this case.

I'm getting the impression that the ISC involvement with the FBI on this
issue went well beyond the notion of sticking a couple of noddy DNS servers
on the Internet and well into the realm of engineering consultancy, court
appearances, engineering and management all-nighters, providing a level of
trustworthy service that could be justified to a
court of criminal law and so on.  All for $87k?  Personally, I don't have a
problem with that level of expenditure.

Nick