Comcast Service for Non-Cap Bandwidth

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 30 05:44:12 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 02:34:06 AM Nabil Sharma wrote:

> Mr. Jason:
> Thank u for the reply, very informative URL. Understood
> on the cap, but how long it will remain not enforced is
> a good guess! What I am trying to is have Comcast mark
> our IP ranges with QoS, so downloads or congestion
> inside the household will not degrade performance. You
> can see at
> http://ber.gd/post/23025893856/comcast-traffic-prioritiz
> ation that this is the configuration for Microsoft Xbox.
> Do you know what this service is called and who at
> Comcast can help me with the commercials?

There is nothing to confirm with any certainty that even
though Comcast may be remarking QoS values upon ingress to
their network, that those (new) markings actually have any
(forwarding) meaning in their network.

As someone stated before, relying on QoS for regular IP
Transit traffic is tenuous at best.

Mark.