Qwest/CenturyLink implementing transparent proxies?

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu May 24 15:51:50 UTC 2012

On 5/24/12 1:16 AM, Brielle Bruns wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> A little off topic, but I was wondering if there's any Qwest/CenturyLink
> network engineers or techs lurking on this list that would contact me
> offlist?
>
> I won't bore people with the details, but I'm seeing what appears to be
> a transparent proxy on some sites when visited from multiple clients
> (all with Qwest DSL).  When browsing on our non-Qwest circuits (such as
> the T1s), we do not see the same behaviors.
>
> Its concerning to say the least, and something I'd like to get a clear
> and straight answer about.
>
> Thanks!

A quick update, some of the things that lead me to believe there's some
sort of packet mucking going on over the past week or two, has magically
cleared up on its own as of this morning.

I'm at a loss, so I'm going to throw my hands up and shrug.  Annoying to
say the least, but not entirely unexpected.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org