Qwest/CenturyLink implementing transparent proxies?

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu May 24 07:16:13 UTC 2012

Hello All,

A little off topic, but I was wondering if there's any Qwest/CenturyLink
network engineers or techs lurking on this list that would contact me
offlist?

I won't bore people with the details, but I'm seeing what appears to be
a transparent proxy on some sites when visited from multiple clients
(all with Qwest DSL).  When browsing on our non-Qwest circuits (such as
the T1s), we do not see the same behaviors.

Its concerning to say the least, and something I'd like to get a clear
and straight answer about.

Thanks!

--
Brielle Bruns