Re: Vixie warns: DNS Changer ‘blackouts’ inevitable

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu May 24 05:54:36 UTC 2012

The best policy, sometimes, when one sees something questionable on
Wikipedia, is to point it out on the talk page, and trust that others will
do the dirty work.. as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Paul_Vixie#.22Father_of_BIND.22

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:

> In a message written on Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:35:05PM +0900, Randy Bush
> wrote:
> > father of bind?  that's news.
>
> I believe the error is in Paul Vixie's Wikipedia page, and I don't
> do Wikipedia editing so I won't be fixing it.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Vixie
>
>  "In 1988, while employed by DEC, he started working on the popular
>   internet domain name server BIND, of which he was the primary author and
>   architect, until release 8."
>
> ISC has spent some effort on properly documenting the history of
> BIND, and the result of that effort is located at:
>
> http://www.isc.org/software/bind/history
>
> You'll note there are two full paragraphs and a dozen folks involved
> before Paul had anything to do with BIND.
>
> ISC is always interested in updating the history if folks have any
> additional information.  Feel free to e-mail me if you think you have
> something important to add.
>
> --
>       Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org - CCIE 3440
>        PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com