Current IPv6 state of US Mobile Phone Carriers

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 23 02:27:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Randy Carpenter <rcarpen at network1.net> wrote:
> I suppose they are selectively letting certain devices in some areas. I get "der duh, what?" when I ask about it.

uhm... you asked someone at their kiosks/stores about ipv<anything>??
you are a very, very brave man.

> It certainly does not work on the iPad "3" in Ohio. Not only that, but I can't even pay them to give me a stable IPv4 address, because if you get a static IP, it disables the hotspot functionality. Head-->Wall.

good times!! mobile carriers live in what seems like a very different
world from the one the rest of the internet lives in :(

(cameron's folk aside, where there are still some oddities, at least
you can get working ipv6, and mostly working v4... or working enough
that I can tether my phone and vpn over that connection when
necessary)

-chris