Current IPv6 state of US Mobile Phone Carriers

Cameron Byrne cb.list6 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 02:05:32 UTC 2012

On May 22, 2012 6:50 PM, "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <
wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul Graydon <paul at paulgraydon.co.uk> writes:
> > That's interesting.  I have a Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile USA and it
> > doesn't get an IPv6 address, only IPv4.  Works fine with IPv6 over my
> > wireless network at home.  Doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the
> > settings to enable or disable that.
>
> Same here.  IPv6 works fine over my wifi, but doesn't work at all over
> tmobile.
>
> If I play with the cell settings to allow ipv4/ipv6 in APN then all
> communication stops.  TMO might need to go back to those drawing
> boards.  I don't see ipv6 working at all over their network.

Please read and follow the instructions here on how to setup
https://sites.google.com/site/tmoipv6/lg-mytouch

Feel free to ping me off-list if you see any issues.

>From what you wrote, my guess is you are using a phone that does not have
IPv6 support (only Nexus phones have support today... Other phones do not
have the correct radio / RIL capabilities)

CB