need help about bgd and ospf

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Sat May 19 07:50:14 UTC 2012

Hi Deric,

On May 18, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Deric Kwok <deric.kwok2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1/ Do I have to redistrt bgd in ospf to make ospf to know which
> upstrem bgp routers to go out

Just an addition to what the others have already said. Redistributing
BGP into OSPF is rarely an effective thing to do. Am not sure OSPF can
handle that number of routes well.

> 2/ If yes, how many routes can ospf database handle as one full bgp
> table is about 400,000 routes
>
> 3/ When we have 8 ospf routers to run "redistrubt bgp", ls it 8 x
> 400,000 routes in ospf database?

I'd think so, as each of the 8 routers will generate type 5 LSAs for
their 400k routes from BGP.

> 4/ If not redistribted bgp, how ospf to know which upstream to go out

More important question is why do u want OSPF to know that
information? Is it the right protocol to do that?