Video streaming over IPv6

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Tue May 15 19:58:44 UTC 2012

Hi,
 	Currently the videostreaming on IPv6, might be possible with RTP,
RTMP, RTSP, HTML5, etc. - not with more intelligent Adobe Flash players
(player control, stream quality selection etc.). The most of tha cases is
the problem lies in Adobe Flash. In one hand The flash URL parsing is
broken for IPv6 (does not recognised literal IPv6 addresses), other hand
the player cannot fall-back to IPv4, or they don't implement
happy-eyeballs.

Best Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Head of HBONE+ project
Network Engineer, Director Network and Multimedia
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Co-chair of Hungarian IPv6 Forum
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F  4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882