RPKI performance metrics; your help requested

Alex Band alexb at ripe.net
Mon May 14 09:45:13 UTC 2012

As the global RPKI data set and system load grows, we want to ensure that the system is performing well. This is why we have added measurement functionality to the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator toolset:
https://www.ripe.net/certification/rpki-validator-metrics

When enabled, it will gather the following data and send it to the RIPE NCC for analysis:

- Connection success rate to the configured repositories
- Whether IPv4 or IPv6 is used to connect
- Repository inconsistencies
- Time taken to validate all retrieved objects

There is a detailed post on the sidr mailing list with more information:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sidr/current/msg04595.html

We would really appreciate it if as many people from across the globe send us performance data.
If you would like to participate, please install the latest RPKI Validator and leave it running as a service permanently:

https://www.ripe.net/certification/tools-and-resources

All you need is a system with Java 1.6, rsync and 1GB of available memory. Simply unzip the file, run ./bin/rpki-validator from the base directory and browse to http://localhost:8080. Then enable the performance metrics by clicking "Yes" to the prompt.

If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Alex Band
RIPE NCC