Looking for W7 whois freeware

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Thu May 10 20:57:09 UTC 2012

I use Launchy (a keystroke launcher similar to GnomeDo, Quicksilver, etc)
and it's Runner plugin with some bat scripts that reference the builtin
whois DOS/CLI command to create my own.

So for example, to look up an IP at ARIN I just hit my hotkey (Atl-Space)
and type arin <tab> <IP> enter.  My bat script really just runs whois, sizes
the command prompt window, and waits for user input before disappearing.

I'm happy to share my scripts off list if you are interested.

	-Scott