POTS Ending (Re: Operation Ghost Click)

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Mon May 7 21:20:08 UTC 2012

Brandt, Ralph wrote:
> I am not sure who uses DSL here.  I have two people I know who use it,
> both are dissatisfied and if they had an alternative it woud not be.

> It is slow, unreliable compared to cable.

That's a rather bold statement which I find hard to believe. Do you have
any data to back it up?

Haven't had much problems with DSL. In fact my current service (cruzio)
has been very stable. With he only notable outage in recent years being
the one that was caused by some cable being cut somewhere in Southern
California (rather recent actually).

I think with cable you're stuck with the local monopolist aren't you?

Regards,
Jeroen

--
Earthquake Magnitude: 4.1