Force10 E Series at the edge?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Mon May 7 21:17:07 UTC 2012

On Mar 28, 2012, at 11:48 AM, Joel jaeggli wrote:
> On 3/27/12 23:21 , Roberts, Brent wrote:
>> Is anyone running an E300 Series Chassis at the internet edge with multiple Full BGP feeds? 95th percent would be about 300 meg of traffic. BGP
> Doesn't support URPF which makes it unsuitable for RTBH and therefore

I was just about to pipe up and say "they do it fine!" and then I remembered that we built automatic filtering provisioning so that each edge customer got filters applied automatically based on their static assignments from us, or from IRR tables if a checkbox was marked. The boxes handled 1000x ports with ~6 filters per port no problem, but yeah, real uRPF would be nice.

--
Jo Rhett