Network diagram app that shows realtime link utilizatin

David Miller dmiller at tiggee.com
Sat May 5 02:28:34 UTC 2012

On 5/4/2012 6:53 PM, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> Anurag Bhatia wrote:
>> I have been using Zenoss quite a bit. It does not shows exact real time
>> stat of interface but close to real time + it has ton more options for
>
> I remember someone here saying that real time monitoring gives you
> useless results, because if you make the time of measurement small
> enough the utilisation becomes 100%. Measurement of throughput is how
> many times this happens during a particular time interval. I hope I
> remembered right.

I think you are referring to this thread -
  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/nanog/users/149903

and in particular this quote:
  cjp at 0x1 wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 11:25am
     As sampling rate approaches zero, so will the "spikyness" of the
    graph--ultimately an interface is either sending a frame (*100*%) or
it's
    not (0%).

    -cjp

Utilisation doesn't "become 100%", instead measured utilisation will
either be 100% or 0% at each interval.

-DMM