Operation Ghost Click

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed May 2 19:32:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, 02 May 2012 12:13:56 -0700, Jeroen van Aart said:
> Livingood, Jason wrote:
> > you may just have nuked their 911 capability.

Actually, I said that, not Jason.  Jason just used mail software that *can't get
quoting right* to reply to my message, so your quote of his message got the
attribution wrong.

What *is* it with you people? This is *NANOG*. In *2012*. ;)

(The truly sad part is that based on the User-Agent: headers, Jason appears to
have used a *different* broken mail software package than the last person.  So
at least 2 vendors are doing stupid stuff.)

</rant> ;)

> Depending on your internet connection to be able to dial 911 is a bit
> foolhardy, to put it nicely.

Foolhardy or not, it's probably unwise for an ISP to say "It's OK, *nobody* would
be that foolhardy" and snip the service...