rpki vs. secure dns?

John Kristoff jtk at cymru.com
Tue May 1 15:31:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:46:06 -0400
Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> > We need more flexible, distributed architecture behind - no matter -
> > which interests will be lobbied as we have got already.
>
> as i agree that there is a problem, i *very* eagerly await your
> proposal

As Radia says in her book, we're probably stuck with BGP forever, but I
frequently wonder if she is right in suggesting we could have done
better by having a link state protocol instead.  It trades some set of
problems for another, but I don't find the dread this might instill
reason enough to avoid putting some research effort into it.

John