Operation Ghost Click

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Tue May 1 12:26:21 UTC 2012

On 4/26/12 10:03 PM, "Jeff Kell" <jeff-kell at utc.edu> wrote:

>And what about the millions of users unknowingly infected with
>"something else" ??
>
>(We have enough trouble isolating/remediating issues among our
>relatively small user base, I'd hate to be facing a major ISP size
>support/remediation effort...)
>
>Does anyone have a plan?

Well, there's the new botnet code of conduct think (Mike O'Reirdan can
chime in with more info here). Plus ISPs like the one I work at (Comcast)
have been doing bot notification and remediation for some time now. I know
other ISPs have different approaches, and so different bot programs, but
the majority of them are doing something (with a few exceptions).

Jason