airFiber

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sat Mar 31 14:33:56 UTC 2012

On 3/31/2012 6:14 AM, ML wrote:

> Often such a feature is an option within the radio configuration.
> Where wired side
> link follows wireless link.  To me that never seemed like a good idea
> because I need
> to get into the radio during a wireless link-down situation.  Maybe if
> there was
> an OOB ethernet port it could work but I haven't seen them on any
> radio I've touched.

The Exalt radios, both licensed and unlicensed, have an OOB port. Quite
handy for exactly this reason.

I've had one of their EX-5r-c GigE  pairs running at full rate on a 14
mile path for years now with no problems except when the garbage truck
parks in front of the path briefly once a week.

Matthew Kaufman