airFiber

Marshall Eubanks marshall.eubanks at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 08:40:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Nick Olsen <nick at flhsi.com> wrote:
> It will need perfect line of site. And won't deal with NLOS like most 2/5
> ghz gear can. It's 24ghz.

At least on the East Coast, it would be best to install it during the
summer. Put it up in winter, and any leaves that sprout in the path
will likely cause a failure come spring. (And, if you're brought in to
trouble-shoot a broken link, and the local techs swear that all the
gear checks out fine, demand to go up on the roof and look down the
line of sight first. It is satisfying to fix things without having to
actually touch the equipment.)

Regards
Marshall