uunet ends newsfeed/newsreader in US

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Mar 30 23:31:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, Joe Greco wrote:

> Those of us still doing work with USENET know that it isn't dead, far
> from it, but we're aware that there's a certain amount of illicit
> traffic.

A certain amount?  Even years and years ago, when I last ran a server,
I'd wager porn and warez was statistically "all" of the traffic.

> It's kind of like the way that pr0n and w4rez dominate all the Internet,
> but this doesn't seem to faze Internet network operators.

Perhaps because the pr0n and w4rez are just bits on the wire for most
operators, not terabytes of disk space on servers we own.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |