Comcast Ethernet Feed

Randy randy_94108 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 02:32:58 UTC 2012

Never mind control and what Comcast says about hard-coding speed and duplex!
The question is:

What happens when you set the int facing Comcast CPE to auto?
Does the link even come up?
*IF* the link comes up, can you ping your next-hop?

If you can, leave auto-neg on despite what what Comcast may say/require.

Post a "sh int gix/y" and "sh int fax/y"

If the above outputs are *clean*, I would say a TAC case is called for.