Comcast Ethernet Feed

Brian R. Watters brwatters at absfoc.com
Fri Mar 30 02:02:49 UTC 2012

A couple of questions -

1) What flavor of NPE are you using?

NPE-G1

2) Is the GigE interface on the NPE-G1/G2  OR is this a PA?
3) Is the FaE ethernet interface that you appear to be connecting your laptop to, on a separate PA in chassis?

Laptop connected directly to router via slot 4  PA-FE-TX

4) Have you verified you that "bandwidth-points" have not been exceeded for bus-1 and/or 2: slots 1,3,5 for bus1 and 2,4,6; also 0(if I/O controller is present. It is 600 points for bus1 and 600 for bus2.

PCI bus mb1 has 390 bandwidth points
PCI bus mb2 has 500 bandwidth points

Have you *hard-coded* speed and duplex on any of you eth ints? Please don't!

GIGE has been both hard and auto .. same results .. Fast Ether has always been set @ auto

Let both ints auto-negotiate speed&duplex.

Comcast states that we are required to have a hard code FULL DUPLEX and SPEED 100 as well as flow control OFF however I can not appear to be able to disable it :(

after having done so, post the output of:

sh int gi x/y and sh int fa x/y

(hardcoding speed/duplex is sometimes required when dealing with brain-dead CPE. I have also seen other flavors of brain-dead CPE that *only* work when speed/duplex are set to auto)

./Randy