Quad-A records in Network Solutions ?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Mar 29 16:43:31 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-29 18:21 , james jones wrote:
> Not to sound like I am trolling here, but how hard is it get VPS servers or
> some EC2 servers and setup your own DNS servers. Are there use cases where
> that is not practical?

They tend to not do IPv6, let alone native IPv6, they also tend to be
behind a IPv4 NAT (which is why lots of folks use AYIYA tunnels to give
them IPv6 connectivity) and more importantly on this subject, you still
need a registrar to actually link the domain name from the tld to your
server and for that purpose you need glue AAAA records and not many
support those, but it is getting better.

Greets,
 Jeroen