Quad-A records in Network Solutions ?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Wed Mar 28 18:55:35 UTC 2012

On Mar 28, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo wrote:
> I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, but, c'mon. For a provisioning
> system, an AAAA record is just a fragging string, just like any other
> DNS record. How difficult to support can it be ?

Of course it is more than a string. It requires touching code, (hopefully) testing that code, deploying it, training customer support staff to answer questions, updating documentation, etc. Presumably Netsol did the cost/benefit analysis and decided the potential increase in revenue generated by the vast hordes of people demanding IPv6 (or the potential lost in revenue as the vast hordes transfer away) didn't justify the expense. Simple business decision.

Regards,
-drc