BCP38 Deployment

Bingyang LIU bjornliu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:14:44 UTC 2012

Hi Darius,

Yes, I agree that feasible RPF solves the problem in a lot of scenarios.

However, in some other cases, the asymmetric routing is caused by
static routing, traffic engineering, policy routing, etc., where the
lengths of forward path and reverse path may differ, so feasible RPF
may also fail (false positive).

Bingyang

--
Bingyang Liu
Network Architecture Lab, Network Center,Tsinghua Univ.