OWA blocked by China

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Tue Mar 27 14:43:57 UTC 2012

On 03/27/12 09:39, Leigh Porter wrote:
> Are there any issues with general https there also?
>
> --
> Leigh

Not in general, it appears that most of the blocks seem to occur at the
DNS level from my experience.  However we have seen blocks on port 80 or
443 but infrequently.

I have had a customer with sales persons in China for about 10 years now
and they are ones that are quick to complain.  So we have gone through
the cycles of various blocks over the years.  But putting their in house
server on a static IP address and getting their OWA server address
resolution out of dynamic name resolution services seemed to help the most.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.