Muni Fiber

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Mon Mar 26 16:34:44 UTC 2012

Nathan Eisenberg wrote:
> [...]

There's truth to what you say, but there is another side that often gets
missed.  The rational for universal telephone service isn't just that
rural residents need access, but that folks in denser areas need to be
able to reach them - the value of a network connection lies not only in
who can reach you, but who you can reach.

A similar argument applies to broadband.  In today's economy, supply
chains are spread all across the map - extending networks into rural
areas, is not just for the benefit of those who live in those rural areas.

Miles Fidelman