$1.5 billion: The cost of cutting London-Tokyo latency by 60ms

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 20:16:59 UTC 2012

The physics is not conducive to improving the situation a lot.

There's probably $1.5 billion in the ground already in neutrino
detectors; the total combined detector bit rate is pretty poor.  One
experiment looking at neutrinos coming off the Fermilab accelerator
had 473 million accelerator pulses with under 1.1 million detected
neutrinos.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com