last mile, regulatory incentives, etc (was: att fiber, et al)

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Fri Mar 23 12:12:02 UTC 2012

> >> That's OK, you're all in the same boat - the subsidized users can't
> >> get it either. :)
> > So where are these "subsidies" going?
>
> what a silly question.  lining the telcos' pockets.  american so called
> 'broadband' is a joke and a scam.

Yup.

I'm always shocked by how naive people are; the telcos did a fantastic
job on this front.  So few people realize what's actually happened.

http://www.newnetworks.com/broadbandscandals.htm

This is one of the clearest summaries of how we've been taken for
hundreds of billions of dollars by telecom companies that promised to
provide the "Information Superhighway"; while it has some clear bias,
it is probably the best summarization of how this all went down, and
who, why, and how.

... JG