dell switch config export

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Fri Mar 16 23:36:09 UTC 2012

Ryan Malayter wrote:
> not designed or coded by a native English speaker. You have to use the
> "upload" link to export config, and put in the address of your TFTP server,
> since you are "uploading" from the switch to the tftp server.

Yes I tried that. However the switch complains with an error about file
not found. That's funny because I am uploading a file that's present on
the switch to an tftp server. And I supposedly can give it any name for
the destination.

> Despite the terrible GUI and passable CLI, we're found the our 6248s to be
> remarkable stable and bug free. Some have been up for more than 3 years,
> and all the things you expect to be problematic on cheap switches
> (cross-stack LACP, multicast, MSTP, QoS) work perfectly.

Yeah they're stable, but then we barely use it for more then 2 or 3
vlans. Nothing else fancy going on. The cli is weird though and the help
  texts are useless, you need a manual.

Reason I want to backup the config is that some time ago after a power
outage the thing reset to its default configuration...

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
Earthquake Magnitude: 4.9