shared address space... a reality!

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:08:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Robert E. Seastrom <rs at seastrom.com> wrote:

> More like "wasting no time in fulfilling the prophesy that people will
> treat it like just another rfc1918 space and deploy it wherever they want".
>
> not that randy is likely to get bitten because he's not behind a cgn
> nor is he planning to be, but still, that took all of what, 72 hours?
>
> -r

I think this is people reading their preconceived notions onto the situation.

I understand the policy disagreement about having the space in the
first place.  That said...

Your and Jerome's reactions seem to amount to "Not only should you
never have done this, actually testing it in the normal informal
operational area once it's here and approved is a further insult."

My counterargument is - if you are suggesting people should be less
professional about testing out the new space than they are for any
other new thing, then you're being political and not operational.
Operationally this is exactly the right thing to have Randy do.

He certainly didn't need to do this because he's exhausted 1918 space
at home (well, I hope not... 8-).

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com