Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:13:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Robert E. Seastrom <rs at seastrom.com> wrote:

> So it was _one_ of the drivers, but was it a more major driver than
> "for the love of God, not Redback!"?  :)

I think there were some significant issues with the redback of the
time, but ... near as I recall a pile-o-cash was put forth on both
19262 and 701 to do 'upgrades for CALEA' (at least on 701 those
upgrades drove other features as well). In 701-land that ended up as
'lots more E3+ linecards!', in 19262 land that ended up being: "ERX
for everyone!"

(again, there could have been other drivers, but one major one was
indeed 'calea monster!' - one wonders if they've ever even had a calea
request to date...)

-chris