Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Mar 14 20:02:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Justin M. Streiner
<streiner at cluebyfour.org> wrote:
> The point (and this goes back to my original post) was that VZ is missing
> out on revenue (and customer service, but let's not get ahead of
> ourselves...)
> opportunities by not offering such a thing as an add-on for their business-
> class FiOS services.  If they brand it and bill at as a business-class
> service, then allowing someone to multihome using FiOS and something else
> does not seem like such an unreasonable request.

Well... they brand it as a SOHO service and AFAICT they refuse to
install "business fios" anywhere zoned commercial.

If they would actually connect it to a commercial facility, there'd be
no shortage of third parties willing to do a fios line pair plus a
tunnel and then drive whatever data over it that you wanted.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004