Xirrus Wireless

Lorell Hathcock lorell at hathcock.org
Wed Mar 14 05:34:52 UTC 2012

Blake/NANOGL

I just completed the Technical Training with Xirrus at a session in Dallas.

The arrays are designed to go way beyond just worrying about signal strength
("coverage") throughout a building or venue.  They tackle the problem of how
much bandwidth each connected client has available, which is something I
have not had the tools to worry about with other WiFi manufacturers.

They seem robust and full featured.  They have been around for a while too,
so going with Xirrus Arrays is not a beta test of their product.  They are
at least in their third generation of the product now.

Cool stuff!

Lorell Hathcock
MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE
OfficeConnect.net