Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

david peahi davidpeahi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:31:15 UTC 2012

What is the SLA for FIOS? I believe that FIOS uses either PON or GPON
technology where a single data wavelength is split up to 32 times resulting
in a shared pipe back to the CO. Does Verizon offer any SLA at all for FIOS?

On the other hand Verizon Wireless offers BGP peering for business
customers, but lacks geographically-dispersed peering points with their
wired network, which results in unusually high round trip latencies.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Justin M. Streiner <streiner at cluebyfour.org