filtering /48 is going to be necessary

Joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sun Mar 11 00:00:06 UTC 2012

On 3/10/12 14:47 , Sven Olaf Kamphuis wrote:
> let's say, there is 6 billion people in the world.. if they all have 1
> route table entry (average ;) i see no technical limitations on anything
> produced AFTER 2008 actually.

Over in ipv4 land there are ~40k entities that appear in the dfz
internet... Of those somewhat less than half (16k) announce just one
prefix. The top 30 ASes by route count on the other hand are 10% of the
table.

I don't a see a problem with the small guys. I don't see the little guys
as a source of fib scaling problem becuase oddly enough they aren't.

The actors causing the most impact on the size of my fib are by in large
on this mailing list...

joel