filtering /48 is going to be necessary

Sven Olaf Kamphuis sven at cb3rob.net
Sat Mar 10 22:47:21 UTC 2012

well... we actually intend to just announce /64's and smaller as well.

i don't see the problem with that.

just get routers with enough memory...

i'm rather for a "specification" of a minimum supported route-size (let's
say something along the lines of 64GB in each border router, it's 2012
after all ;) than for putting limits on the prefix sized announced so "old
junk" can still stay connected to the internet.

let's say, there is 6 billion people in the world.. if they all have 1
route table entry (average ;) i see no technical limitations on anything
produced AFTER 2008 actually.

stop buying crap without sufficient ram, or just scrap it and get new
stuff. (which you're going to have to do to efficiently route ipv6
-anyway- at some point, as your old stuff, simply doesn't even
loadbalance trunked ethernet ports properly (layer 3 based) ;)

we can't limit the expansion of the internet, and the independance of it's
users, just because some people refuse to part from their cisco 7200 vxr.