filtering /48 is going to be necessary

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Mar 10 11:06:07 UTC 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 11:01 PM, George Bonser wrote:

>> I haven't heard anyone advocate accepting less than a /48. I think /48
>> is a reasonable "You must be this tall to ride" barrier.
>>
>> Beyond that, YMMV.
>>
>> Owen
>
> Apparently AS6939 has at various times :)  I remember getting some /64 announcements from HE.  I haven't seen one lately, though.  I'm only filtering one /64 route these days announced by AS4651

Like any other ISP, we're run by humans and humans occasionally make mistakes.

If you saw anything longer than a /64 from 6939, it was the result of such an event.

If you see anything longer than a /64 from 6939, please let us know and we will fix it.

We have never advocated accepting longer than /48s to my knowledge.

Owen