UKNOF 22 Call for Presentations

Mike Hughes mike at smashing.net
Fri Mar 9 18:37:38 UTC 2012

UKNOF 22 - Call For Presentations

The next UKNOF meeting will take place on Thursday 3rd May 2012
in the City of York, hosted by Bytemark, and the Programme Committee
are seeking content from the community for this meeting.

You may often hear it said that UKNOF's remit is "distribution of
clue", so if the content of your talk fits with that ethos, we're
actually pretty open minded about what the actual topic is - as
long as it's relevant to our community's broad area of interest, and
the quality is good.

Talks are usually around 20 to 40 minutes in length, and common
subject areas are:

* Network operations
* Network architecture and design
* Networking hardware and software architecture
* Peering and interconnect
* Data centre design and operations
* IPv6 deployment
* Network monitoring and measurement
* New innovations in networking technology
* Open protocol standards
* Domain Name System infrastructure
* Network security and abuse prevention
* Impact of public policy of network operations

We are also looking for material relevant to the following topics for York:

* Future Networking Technologies (e.g. 4G/LTE)
* Open Networking Technologies

But, we're always on the lookout for something different, so don't feel it
has to fall into the areas above.

We're also interested in hearing proposals for panel discussions, as
these are a great way of presenting and discussing different views on
the same subject.

Please send your proposals to submissions at uknof.org.uk, including a
short abstract of the subject, and draft slides if these are
available.

The closing date for submissions is the 5th April 2012, but don't
worry if you miss the deadline and have something interesting to talk
about, as we are often able to accept shorter (10 minute) "lightning
talks" closer in to the meeting.

Please also get in touch if you would like to suggest any topics, themes or
speakers.

Hope to see you in May at the UKNOF meeting.

Mike Hughes on behalf of the UKNOF Programme Committee