cable markers for marine environments

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 22:13:17 UTC 2012

Under the circumstances...

I would tend to do a two-phase solution.

1.  At both ends, above the bilge area, put the most durable printed
labels you can find.

2.  Both at the ends, and intermittently under the deck, use a coded
ID number for each cable using those slip-on crimp-on types (the
cablecraft ones someone pointed to a bit upthread).  You won't have
the full label in the middle, but you can look at any endpoint and get
the description and the cable's individual ID tag, and then trace the
tag numbers in the bilge.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com