cable markers for marine environments

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Thu Mar 8 21:41:58 UTC 2012

I have a couple of wiring projects coming up on salt water-going vessels and I'm curious as to people's experiences with different types of cable marking products in a high-humidity / salt air / bilge environment

None of the markers will be directly exposed to the outside elements, but quite a bit will be running below decks and will have to put up with the bilge.  Anyone have any horror stories to share?

My preference is for a direct printing system rather than stock card markers.

--lyndon