[c-nsp] ASR opinions..

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:25:11 UTC 2012

The low end ASRs are poor boxes for full BGP table internet edge
applications.  They have many other great applications, but the reason they
are bad here is simply route limits in the FIB.

The asr1001 only supports 512,000 IPV4 routes in the FIB at any given point
in time, and 128,000 IPV6 routes.

The full IPV4 table will exceed that soon, and that will be well within the
lifespan of the box.

The 1 million figure is for route reflector applications only.