[c-nsp] ASR opinions..

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Mar 8 17:16:57 UTC 2012

On Thursday, March 08, 2012 08:22:55 PM Arie Vayner wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I guess it has to do with the fact that every FIB entry
> also has a data structure on the RP, as control plane
> has to calculate the FIB (i.e. CEF...) and then copy the
> result into the forwarding plane (ESP).

So we're saying that the forwarding plane on the ASR1001 can
handle 1,000,000 hardware entries out of the factory, but
that you'll need to have the 8GB of control plane memory
installed in the router to achieve that?

Interesting. I'd have thought 4GB of control plane memory
would be sufficient :-).

Mark.